Еще один оккупант, – раввин, между прочим, кстати об антисемитизме, – несмотря на плачевный опыт с предыдущей попыткой, счел возможным опубликовать требования. Вернее, пожелания. Пожелания, понятно, носят не менее удивительный характер, чем в прошлый раз. Комментарии, по-моему, не требуются.
• We want to replace a society based on selfishness and materialism with a society based on caring for each other and caring for the planet.
• We want a new bottom line so that institutions, corporations, government policies, and even personal behavior are judged rational or productive or efficient not only by how much money or power gets generated, but also by how much love and kindness, generosity and caring, environmental and ethical behavior, and how much we are able to respond to the universe with awe, wonder and radical amazement the grandeur and mystery of all Being.
• To take the first steps, we want to ban all money from elections except that supplied by government on an equal basis to all major candidates, require free and equal time for the candidates and prohibit buying other time or space, and require corporations to get a new corporate charter once every five years which they can only get if they can prove a satisfactory history of environmental and social responsibility to a jury of ordinary citizens. We call this the Environmental and Social Responsibility Amendment to the US Constitution (ESRA).
• We want to replace the mistaken notion that homeland security can be achieve through a strategy of world domination by our corporations supported by the US military and intelligence services with a strategy of generosity and caring for others in the world that will start by launching a Global Marshall Plan that dedicates 1-2% of our GMP ever year for the next twenty to once and for all eliminate global poverty homelessness, hunger, inadequate education and inadequate health care — knowing that this, not an expanded military, is what will give us security.
• And we want a NEW New Deal that provides a job for everyone who wants to work, jobs that rebuild our environment and our infrastructure, and jobs that allow us to take better care of educating our youth and caring for the aged. That’s what we are for! And you can read more about them at www.spiritualprogressives.org
Опубликовано в Записках Часовщика. Комментировать там снова можно, так что где хотите, там и комментируйте.